Living in the New Normal™ (LINN) - Practicum
Helping Children Thrive Through Good & Challenging Times
The MCEC® Living in the New Normal™: Helping Children Thrive through Good and Challenging Times Practicum is a one day (6 clock hours; .6 CEUs) course for parents, childcare practitioners, social workers, educators, and Family Readiness Group or other family support group leaders. Participants will learn the elements of resilience and its application to military-connected children, identify and apply resilience-building skills to prepare children for good and challenging times, and identify the tools and resources to foster resilience.
- Acquire a basic knowledge of the elements of resilience and its application to militaryconnected children
- Identify and apply resilience-building skills to prepare children for good and challenging times
- Identify tools and resources to foster resilience in children
Face-to-Face instruction with up to 50 people per session.
This course includes 6 clock hours (.6 CEUs) of instruction and group work time, exclusive of breaks and lunch.
Para professionals, youth leaders, and others who work with children and youth in educational or community organization settings. This course is also relevant to parents who are interested in ways to help their child reach their full potential.
- Developmental Stages
- Why Resilience?
- Competence and Confidence
- Connecting the 7Cs of Resilience
Participants receive the following resources during the training:
- 25 Things to Do: When Grandpa Passes Away, Mom and Dad Get Divorced, or the Dog Dies by Laurie Kanyer
- Building Resilience in Children and Teens: Giving Your Children Roots and Wings by Dr. Kenneth R. Ginsburg
- You and Your Military Hero: Building Positive Thinking Skills During Your Hero’s Deployment by Sara Jensen-Fritz, Paula Jones-Johnson, and Thea L. Zitzow
CEU - Course participants are eligible to receive .6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for this six clock hour course. MCEC has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training. MCEC is also a National Board for Certified Counselors Approved Continuing Education provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. These designations allow us to offer you these opportunities.
To receive CEUs a participant must maintain 95% attendance, engage in the class activities and discussions, complete an end of course evaluation, and complete an end-of-course assessment with a minimum score of 80%. The CEU fee is $25.00.