Living in the New Normal (LINN) - Practicum
Helping Children Thrive Through Good & Challenging Times
The MCEC® Living in the New Normal™ Institute (LINN-I) encourages families to ensure their children have tools to bounce back from life’s storms and “stressors”, fosters community support efforts, and provides concerned adults with information to help support children during times of uncertainty, trauma, and loss. The MCEC LINN-I efforts are predicated on the belief that children’s inherent attributes of courage and resiliency can be strengthened through deliberate encouragement.
The target audience is parents, childcare practitioners, social workers, educators, Family Readiness Groups leaders, as well as other caring adults interested in learning more about improving the education of military connected-children and youth.
• Recall basic knowledge of the elements of resilience and its application to military-connected children
• Identify and apply resilience-building skills to prepare children for good and challenging times
• Identify tools and resources to foster resilience in children
• Developmental Stages
• Resilience Define
• Communication and Boundaries
• Identifying Your Support Networks
• Lessons in Resilience
Upon institute completion (95% attendance, completions and a score of 80% or above on an end-of-course assessment), participants may apply for Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credit (6 hours=.6) for $25.00 and/or 1 hour of graduate credit from Texas A & M-Central Texas for $175.00. Fees are payable at the completion of the training.