Posted: November 13, 2020
HARKER HEIGHTS, Texas – The Military Child Education Coalition® (MCEC®) announced today that Dr. Jill Biden, wife of President-elect Joe Biden, will join the Coalition during its virtual Education Summit Nov. 17-18.
“We are honored to have Dr. Biden join us virtually for our 2020 Education Summit,” said MCEC President and CEO Dr. Becky Porter. “Dr. Biden’s experiences as a military-connected mother and life-long educator will offer an important perspective for our attendees as we collaborate on ways to meet the educational needs of military-connected children in a changing environment.”
Media are invited to attend at no expense to view general session speakers and breakout sessions. Registration, along with the itinerary, is available here.
Please contact Rob Frazier, director of marketing and communications, at 254.953.1923 ext. 1123, for interview requests with the following MCEC leaders, now through Thursday, Nov. 19.
• Dr. Becky Porter, president and CEO
• U.S. Army Col. Retired Jack Ballantyne, senior vice president and COO
• Cynthia Simerly, vice president, fund development
• Annette Farmer, vice president, programs and curriculum
• Tara Gleason, program manager for military student transition consultants
• Judy Glennon, program manager for parent programs
• Debra Longley, program manager for student 2 student
• Kaci McCarley, program manager for professional development
The Military Child Education Coalition is a 501(c)(3) global, nonprofit leadership and advocacy organization focused on ensuring quality educational opportunities for millions of military- and veteran-connected children affected by mobility, transition, deployments and family separations. Learn more about the role MCEC plays globally at militarychild.org.