MCEC® is proud to recognize all military-connected children this April during Month of the Military Child. Each year we join our country in celebrating the resiliency of military-connected children for their tremendous service and sacrifice at home in the U.S. and overseas.
Below are some of the events planned for this year, along with resources to help you and your community recognize the Month of the Military Child. We look forward to making this year’s Month of the Military Child the best yet, and we hope you will join in our celebration of the most amazing kids in the world!
- On the Move® magazine. Our quarterly publication is available April 1 on line and is dedicated to the Month of the Military Child
- MCEC Podcast Series. This year military kids are taking over the weekly podcast. Refer to our social media pages for the latest updates on topics, military-connected kid hosts, and how to download and listen.
- eBlast updates. Each week, we feature a story about a military-connected child from around the world who is setting the example for others to follow as Future History Makers.
- Call for the Arts. This year’s theme is The View from My Window. We encourage military-connected students in grades k-12 to provide their drawings, poetry, and or photography that reflects the amazing cultures they are part of in their corner of the world.
- Hashtags: Use #FutureHistoryMakers to recognize a child who is making a difference in your community; #MOMC and #MonthoftheMIlitaryChild for discussion throughout the month and #PurpleUp for promotion and celebration of Purple Up Day in your area.
- Purple Up. This annual observance allows all Americans to celebrate military kids. Purple references the joint environment of the military – encompassing all service branches, Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard, and Veterans, and encourages everyone to wear purple. MCEC® celebrates Purple Up this year on April 16.
- Month of the Military Child Toolkit: Listed below are items available for download and use in your local areas. Included are: the official Month of the Military Child poster, a Purple Up poster for your area where you can print off and identify the date you are celebrating #PurpleUp, templates for stickers, certificates of recognition for military-connected kids, and the 2021 Purple Up t-shirts for adults and youth (available for purchase on the MCEC® Store website.